Vista Vallarta – Jack Nicklaus
The Vista Vallarta golf club has two courses set on the hillside, overlooking Puerto Vallarta. One is designed by Jack Nicklaus and the other by Tom Weiskopf. They both share the same facilities.
Jack Nicklaus’s golf course was ranked the 8th best Mexican golf course in 2014 by the Golfweek Magazine. In 2002, Vista Vallarta hosted for the first time the WGC World Cup.
The course challenges each golfer; while large fairways seem to be ample, strategic bunkers make it risky to take the shortest route on several holes. In addition, golfers appreciate Vista Vallarta for its luxurious vegetation and breathtaking views of Puerto Vallarta, the Marina, the Banderas Bay and the Sierra Madre Mountains.
They offer a full list of amenities to make sure your golf experience is enjoyable including:
- Full-service clubhouse
- On-course food & beverage service
- Practice range
- Practice green
- TaylorMade rentals
- Fully-stocked pro shop
- Corporate outings
- Special events
- Host of the 2002 World Golf Championships-EMC World Cup. Won by Japanese team of Toshimitsu Izawa and Shigeki Maruyama 64-64-58-66=252 (−36)
- Host of the 2006 Champions Tour – Puerto Vallarta Blue Agave Golf Classic. Won by Morris Hatalsky –9 (70-67-70=207)
- Host of International Pro AM – www.internationalproam.com
- Ranked 6th of Mexico by www.top100golfcourses.co.uk
- Ranked 5th – 2012 Best Mexico & Carribean Courses by Golfweek
- Ranked 8th – 2014 Best Mexico & Carribean Courses by Golfweek
- Ranked 4th of the Country by Golf Digest’s Planet Golf 2008